Error with Postfix virtual_map

Hi,

I have just installed Virtualmin on my new VPS, debian 5.
When I do the first “Checking Configuration”, I have the following error :

“A problem was found with your Postfix virtual maps : The map source , hash:/var/spool/postfix/plesk/virtual is not supported by Postfix - you may need to install Postfix libraries for it, or re-compile
… your system is not ready for use by Virtualmin.”

In postfix webmin module, in “Virtual Domain”, I have by default the following value ;
Domain mapping lookup tables :
map specification = $virtual_maps, hash:/var/spool/postfix/plesk/virtual

With this warning : $virtual_maps is not supported.

Can I remove safely this from the map specification ? Or the problem is somewhere else ?

Thanks.

Howdy,

Hmm, it sounds like you may not be dealing with a fresh installation of your OS there, and that there’s some existing configuration that’s causing some trouble.

Either that, or maybe your VPS provider installed some things for you ahead of time. It looks like the line you’re seeing in Postfix is from a previous Plesk installation.

If you can, I’d suggest performing a fresh OS install, so that you know there aren’t any unusual configuration changes going on there.

If that’s not possible, the Postfix line you’re seeing there isn’t needed (as it’s for Plesk). so you can indeed remove that.

You should, OTOH, have a line that looks like this:

virtual_alias_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/virtual

Well, it isn’t a fresh clean debian install, but it is the default install from MyHosting.com VPS.
So I don’t think I can have something else.

So far I kept this value : hash:/var/spool/postfix/plesk/virtual
And I’ll see if I need to add (or replace) this one : hash:/etc/postfix/virtual