Error importing database

SYSTEM INFORMATION
OS type and version: Ubuntu
Webmin version: 1.981
Virtualmin version: 6.16
Related products version: RECOMMENDED

Hello, I cannot import a database. I’m getting this error “mysqlimport: Error: 1146, Table ‘pt_db.elan’ doesn’t exist, when using table: elan”.
Please advise on what to do.

What version of Ubuntu?
How are you trying to import it?
Where is the database coming from?
What are you importing the database to?
What exactly are you doing?

What version of Ubuntu?
How are you trying to import it?
From a file located in the “File Manager”
Where is the database coming from?
I uploaded it there, it’s from a website theme file
What are you importing the database to?
To a database associated with the subdomain where the theme files are uploaded.
What exactly are you doing?
I need to install a website.

You don’t use file manager to manage databases. You use either the database manager dialogue or phpmyadmin.

Example: If you’ve created a new virtual server and you’re moving a Wordpress site to that virtual server, you would back up the database from the old server, install Wordpress on the new server, move your old Wordpress site to the new site and then use phpmyadmin to merge the old database into the new database.

If it is actually Wordpress there’s a very simple way to do it - use the Wordpress migration tool.

I have attached a page from Virtualmin that I have used in the past to import database. Does that mean that this feature doesn’t work anymore?
Thanks!

I’ve never tried to import a database that way.

I use either the Edit Database dialogue in Virtualmin:

Or I use phpmyadmin:

I have never used phpMyAdmin, any link where I can get demo on how to use it to import a database?
Thanks!

There’s an installer included with Virtualmin.

Go to the Virtual Server you’re trying to import the database too and look at the “Install Scripts” tab. You’ll see phpmyadmin there. That will install phpmyadmin on the virtual server.

Example: Say your domain is mydomain. If you leave the installer as is it will install phpmyadmin into a folder and give you a link where you access it. It will be mydomain.com/phpmyadmin.

It’s pretty straight forward, but if you want a guide on how to use it (and it will do ANYTHING when it comes to databases) then you can look here.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.