ERROR 2013 (HY000) at line 14648 - Lost connection to MySQL server during query

|SYSTEM INFORMATION| |
Operating system Ubuntu Linux 20.04.3
Webmin version 1.984
Usermin version 1.834
Virtualmin version 6.17-3
|||

I have a problem on my newly created VPS that whenever I try to import a DB file larger 5 MB (approx) I get this error:
ERROR 2013 (HY000) at line 14648 in file: ‘/tmp/.webmin/271977_1571329_1_exec_file.cgi’: Lost connection to MySQL server during query

Now I have to import a 100 MB file, what to do ?

I use the “Execute SQL” page from Manage DB section, under Edit Database.
Is there any other way too ?

thanks in advance

See Execute SQL - ERROR 2013 (HY000) When uploading DB

any option other than creating a mysqldump ? because i do not have shell access to the capnel on the other server.

On your Virtualmin server, try:

mysqldump -h [ip-of-cpanel-server] -u [cpanel-db-username] -p[cpanel-db-password] [cpanel-dbname] | mysql -h localhost -u [Virtualmin-username] -p[Virtualmin-db-password] [Virtualmin-dbname]

Well I have found a “trick” to solve the problem, but i do not know its limits yet.
The solution is backup the db not via phpmyadmin (in cpanel) but via Backup Wizard (in capnel).
I chose the partial backup and selected mysql db only.
The result is a compressed .sql.gz file, that compressed a ~70 MB DB to ~11 MB. And I was able to import it via usual method.

If anyone has more tricks up its sleeve, feel free to share with noobs like me :slight_smile:

I am very grateful to you, but this method is pretty crazy for me :open_mouth:
However, I have solved the problem for now.

Thanks again to you, for taking time to suggest a solution here.

This topic was automatically closed 8 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.