Enabling SSL for newly created virtual servers

when i create a new virtual server, I tick the " Setup SSL website too? "

so i assume that SSL is automatically enabled – but it is not.

Therefore what steps i need to take to enable SSL ?

thanks

Hi,

What makes you think that it’s not?

in the browser, it warns that it is not secured
if i go to https://myweb.com i get an error
that is not my real url, but used for explanation purpose

I see. You just don’t have CA certificate, it doesn’t mean you don’t have SSL. It’s secure with custom generated certificate as well, but yeah, make sure to grab one from Let’s Encrypt.

You either need to do it manually under Server Configuration/SSL Certificate (default) or enable certificate request upon domain creation time in Virtualmin Configuration:

Hi,
Thanks for your help, I appreciate it.
I am using Virtualmin - version 6.08.gpl
I cant seem to discover where to find that menu in your screenshot
Is that screenshot for a prior version?

Do you know where I can find it in the version I am using?
I think I tried every menu and did not see it.
I even tried creating a new virtual server and still did not see it.

Thanks

@sitevest its there, I think you do not looking at the right screen there… ilia is right, even for me it works (im gpl too)

capture1
This is a screenshot and I do not see additional links after “Logs and Reports” … I don’t recall seeing an error message during and after installation – but I wonder if all of the features were installed.

As you can see there is not system settings menu items

:frowning:

I feel dumb now – lol – please help me out

Do you think that my install lacked all the features (something went wrong)? I am new to this and maybe I did something wrong during installation.

Thanks

How exactly did you install and configure Webmin, and what user account are you using to access the web interface?

Do you think that my install lacked all the features (something went wrong)? I am new to this and maybe I did something wrong during installation.

It looks like you’re running as a server-owner. Master administrator can control server-owners’ limits in Administration Options/Server Owner Limits.

I logged out – then back in – and now I see the menu
Thank you so very much