Enable Mime Types

I’m trying to host a server with videos running on html5, so what i’m trying is to use html5 bbcode to stream the video, i’ve checked on the webmin tab and apache already has by default the ‘video/mp4’ mime type.

But i’m still getting an error Video format, or mime type not supported

What’s wrong?

Add the following to your .htaccess (or apache config)

AddType video/ogg .ogv
AddType video/mp4 .mp4
AddType video/webm .webm

That worked BUT…

It looks like it’s trying to download the whole video instead of buffering piece by piece. it hangs and in task mananger/network usage you can see that it’s using the network (in the client not server)

Now the question is, is it something wrong in the server or maybe my phpbb bbcode isn’t quite right

EDIT

EDIT

For those wondering what it was, it wasn’t even the mime types since they were working all along, the problem is Firefox doesn’t support MP4 natively with the video tag, so what you gotta do is get a player such as jwplayer and that will work with flash and html5 just fine with mp4.

Also I highly recommend using webm as a HTML5 video format since is widely compatible but there’s nothing out there that just works on every device, mp4 will work with jwplayer almost everywhere so keep that in mind…