Email users on virtual domain don't recieve email "unknown user" reported by postfix

Operating system:
OS version:
Debian 10 virtualmin 6.12 Postfix version 3.4.14

I created the user reunion on the virtual domain @reunionweb.org which has the right mail.reunionweb.org defined in the DNS. The email account is set as primary mail account and mail set to be sent to the Inbox.

error: When an outside user sends an email to this user reunion@reunionweb.org, mailer-deamon@host.tld replies

When I check the file /etc/postfix/virtual I see that the email is mapped to the user reunion-reunionweb.org

reunion@reunionweb.org	reunion-reunionweb.org

When I look at webmin list of users I see it is listed as reunion@reunionweb.org but when I look at the accounts under my virtual domain, I see only reunion This is a bit confusing and maybe postfix got confused too.

When I set a forward address to working email address, the mail get through and when I untick the “Yes deliver to inbox”. The sender doesn’t get the mailer deamon response any more.

I feel like this is related to the mapping of names but I can’t figure out what option make this not work.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.