Email issues

Hi there,
I have a virtual server configured to host and run a wordpress site.

I have disabled emails on the virtual server, as google mail will be taking care of this.

However, I have noticed, that when I look at Read Users Mail from the Webmin area, the admin user for this server, has email bouncebacks.

The message is:

This is the mail system at host green6119.server-cp.com.

I’m sorry to have to inform you that your message could not
be delivered to one or more recipients. It’s attached below.

For further assistance, please send mail to postmaster.

If you do so, please include this problem report. You can
delete your own text from the attached returned message.

Is there a way I can stop this and get it to send correctly?

Thanks,

You didn’t mention what the mail said (subject, etc) but if it’s one that’s being intentionally sent, then you should go into Virtualmin, select the domain, then “Edit Virtual Server” and then under “Enabled Features” make sure that “Mail for domain enabled?” is NOT checked, then save. What could be happening is that it’s supposed to be sent to “mail@domain.com” which is hosted at google, but the server thinks IT is hosting mail, so doesn’t even bother to look up the MX record. Unchecking that box should take care of it, I think.

Hi there,
Thanks for the reply.

It isn’t one being intentionally sent, I think it is automatic through wordpress, ie - an order progress email, things like that.

Mail is disabled against this virtual server.

The subject is " Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender"

And it is trying to send the mail to ukkitchens@green6119.server-cp.com.

On Edit Virtual Server, under Contact email, I haven’t specified anything here, should it be specified there do you think? So it would use an address I’ve specified instead of virtualminusername@hostname??

Thanks,
Craig

Could anybody please help with this?

It looks as though emails auto generated through wordpress are trying to send from the hostname, and I haven’t set this up.