Email Filters (or not filters, or sometimes filters)

SYSTEM INFORMATION
OS type and version RHEL 9.1
Webmin version 2.013
Usermin version 1.861

So recently users have been starting to use usermin, and actually it working great but email filters are not.

Some filters work just fine - Header subject filters for example seem to always work
Header From on the other hand, seem to work either not at all or intermittently
Spam score or Spam classified don’t seem to work correctly.

My first question, is what is being used to perform this filtering ? procmail, sieve ?
and where is the configuration written for these filters (so I can go look at the actual filter to see its being written correctly) ?

Email handling is mostly procmail (and no sieve). There is a Virtualmin lookup-domain daemon, as well, but I don’t think it has anything to do with filters.

There is a system-level procmailrc and each user will have their own procmailrc, assuming you allow it.

Thanks Joe as always, I know where I’m look’in now. Have a fab day!

For the benefit of anyone coming here looking for the same, the local user procmailrc is stored in a file

.procmailrc which is in the users home directory (so that’s /home/domain/homes/username for virtualmin). This file is a standard procmail recipe file.

For my specific problem, there does not seem to be anything wrong with the recipe rules in this file, so I’m going to have to turn on procmail debug and trace it though.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.