Email bounced - loops back to myself

Hello,
I got a problem on my virtualmin server. It has been running for long but I start getting problems with receiving emails for virtual domains.

The error in the postfix log is: Jun 12 20:29:15 s_all@sea.XXX com postfix/smtp[8089]: 0DEDB4D811C: to= orig_to=, relay=none, delay=0.04, delays=0.02/0.02/0/0, dsn=5.4.6, status=bounced (mail for myhost.mydomain.com loops back to myself)

Please help!

Howdy,

In Edit Virtual Server -> Enabled Features, is the Mail for Domain feature checked?

-Eric

Hi Eric,
Yes it is. It is happening for all domains.

I followed this threath: http://www.virtualmin.com/node/10374 and added the domain to destinaton. No success.

If you have any other idea, please let me know
Bert

Howdy,

If you go into System Settings -> Re-Check Config, does it detect any problems?

Also, if you go into Limits and Validation -> Validate Virtual Servers, and you validate one of the Virtual Servers having problems, does it detect any issues there?

-Eric

Thanks for your reply.
In the end it start working again. It is hard to really know what made it as the new test account that I created kept giving problems but my customers shared they received email again… so it might have been de destination’ think.

What happened was (and still does) is that I receive emails from www-data (i think that is awstats chron that generate those) and they cannot be delivered. So I added a virtual server with the name of the host so it should accept those emails. Than problems arose with sending all emails - because of the guestdomain@myhost.mydomain.com thing I guess. So I deleted that virtual server but than no email was send and the loop back to myself email started.

If you have any idea how to solve the www-data emails generated by the awstat chron job, that would be nice.

Thanks again for reply.
Bert

Hi Bert,

Add this line to /etc/aliases if it doesn’t already exist:

www-data: root