Duo Authenticator

I am wondering if Duo could be added as a supported MFA authentication mechanism in Webmin / Virtualmin. I know there are a couple of forum posts for this already. I’d be looking to lock down specific administrative accounts from the webmin admin portal / ssh.

Hi,

I am wondering if Duo could be added as a supported MFA authentication mechanism

Are there Perl modules available in default repos for it?

I’d be looking to lock down specific administrative accounts from the webmin admin portal / ssh.

What is wrong with using Google Authenticator?

Google Authenticator works fine enough, but duo has push options and is already an ecosystem I’m well entrenched in.

I’ve seen some basic guides around the forums that require installing some pam modules but I felt it should be an option supported via the UI.

I understand that supporting every MFA option isn’t necessarily feasible and the devlopers time is precious. I was more just hoping someone had an updated implementation guide that I could work from but also wanted to put it on your radar as a feature request.

Looks like the provide a library, and it is, I think, pure Perl, so it could be bundled without trouble. GitHub - duosecurity/duo_perl: Duo two-factor authentication for Perl web applications

I’m not saying we will or should add it. Just that it looks like they provide the necessary pieces to make it happen without huge effort.

I appreciate the time you’ve already taken to look into it. I would be thrilled if duo made its way into webmin as a supported integration. But I also understand how much you guys have on your plates and appreciate this request won’t jump to the top of your priorities list. If I knew what I was doing I’d take a stab at trying to implement it myself and contribute to the project. Maybe this is my imputus to learn. :stuck_out_tongue:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.