drupal symlinks install failure...

I am getting this error message when I try to access drupal on www.restorethekeys.com

/home/restorethekeys/public_html/.htaccess: Option FollowSymLinks not allowed here

I went through this before and since I paid to upkeep my account, you kind folks fixed it for me the last time. However, I would like to be able to resolve this every time I install drupal. Please help!

username: restorethekeys
passwd: R3st0r3!

Thanks in advance!

Howdy,

That issue should only occur when installing Drupal manually, that shouldn’t occur when using the Install Scripts to install Drupal.

Drupal ships with a parameter in it’s .htaccess file that can be insecure on multi-user systems. Virtualmin configures Apache to not allow that parameter, but that causes an error until the parameter is changed.

The fix for that install is to edit /home/restorethekeys/public_html/.htaccess, and change FollowSymlinks to SymLinksIfOwnerMatch.

However, in the future, it’s possible to avoid that issue by using the Install Scripts to install Drupal.

-Eric

Excellent! Now I know! I am installing a version of Drupal you don’t offer so using the script isn’t workable for me.