Dovecot not delivery mail to my Outlook Express

Hi,

i have installed Virtualmin in a new fresh centos 5.2 distribution.

I seen that virtualmin configure many programs like dovecot.

I have created a virtual server with e-mail. When i configure Outlook Express to receive emails, don’t’ work.

All work fine but the mails present in the server (for the address configured) don’t arrive.

I have mx records en my DNS server (external)

In other server that i use with dovecot, all work fine.

Any idea?

Regards

are there any errors in the log files?

No

no error in the log file…

All work fine but the mails remain on the server

Any idea?

OK, if there aren’t errors, what is in the log. We can’t possibly help with a problem description of “it doesn’t work” and no log entries. :wink:

This is the log :slight_smile:

Mar 14 20:51:51 ess000507 dovecot: pop3-login: Login: user=<XXXXXX>, method=PLAIN, rip=::ffff:186.81.232.53, lip=::ffff:2$
Mar 14 20:51:51 ess000507 dovecot: POP3(XXXXXX): Disconnected: Logged out top=0/0, retr=0/0, del=0/0, size=0

So, that’s a successful login and an empty mailbox.

You installed Virtualmin using install.sh?

Are you sure there’s mail for this account? Do you see the mail when you login with this user using Usermin?

I installed Virtualmin using install.sh

For this account there is one mail.

When I connecting via Usermin don’t appear the mail.

I tried to configure new user in the same virtualserver and send him a mail. The mail appear in the virtual server manage but don’t in the usermin for this user account…

Why? :slight_smile:

When I acces to usermin i see that for each user of different virtual server, the host domain name is the same.

Maybe any problem with webmin/virtualmin ssl certificate ?

Thank’s

When I connecting via Usermin don't appear the mail.

I tried to configure new user in the same virtualserver and send him a mail. The mail appear in the virtual server manage

That doesn’t make a lot of sense. When you look at the mailbox in Webmin/Virtualmin, what does it say the mail spool path is?

I’m guessing that for some reason mail is being delivered to one spool type (mbox or Maildir) and Dovecot is trying to find mail in the other spool.

When I acces to usermin i see that for each user of different virtual server, the host domain name is the same.

In the future, please start another topic when talking about…another topic. I have a hard enough time keeping up with what I’m talking about when there’s only one subject per thread. :wink:

By default, Usermin and Webmin will serve out a single certificate…because it is assumed that you won’t have a certificate for every domain. If you are still using the self-signed certificate, it doesn’t matter what name it says, it’s all made up anyway and provides no assurance of identity. If you do happen to have a certificate for every domain on your system, then you can configure a certificate per-IP in the Webmin->Webmin->Usermin Configuration->SSL Encryption page.

Thank you very much. Now Work

Dovecot search mail in /home/Maildir and sendmail save them in /var/mail (a symbolic link to /var/spool/mail)

I changed the dovecot configuration and all work fine

:slight_smile:

Dovecot search mail in /home/Maildir and sendmail save them in /var/mail (a symbolic link to /var/spool/mail)

Did you switch to Sendmail after installation? If you used install.sh it should be using Postfix, and it should be configured correctly for Maildir spools.

Yes i switch to sendmail after the installation. I don’t have practice with postfix.

Thank you for help.