Does virtualmin support Ubuntu 22.04 and rhel 9?

@grouptoall.com,

The “beta” installer should support Ubuntu 22.04, not sure about RHEL 9 however.

if i install beta version. In future do it will upgrade beta to stable version after update?

See the official docs:

https://www.virtualmin.com/os-support/

@grouptoall.com,

Yes, the installer is in beta but pretty much complete. Once installed supported distros are managed by their respective repo.

Hi

@calport I am searching for beta for RHEL9.

@tpnsolutions ,

Thanks for guiding me.There is beta for RHEL9?

@grouptoall.com,

I don’t think so yet.

Yes, I added support for Alma 9. I assume RHEL 9 must work too. Give it a try with the latest development version of the install script and let us know if that works for you. If not, share virtualmin-install.log file so I could see the problem and fix it.

Hi @Ilia

Where i get virtualmin for ubuntu 22.04? stable or beta both are ok.

Virtualmin 7 beta install.sh script.

@Ilia

Did this installer work?

Yes, it must work for Ubuntu 22.04 and RHEL 9. Did it fail for you?

in rhel9 but not ubuntu

I just finished installing RC11 version of the VM 7 Beta in RedHat Enterprise Linux 9. I edited the install file to add my key/license info. It installed well. One thing I found was I had to enable the root account in order to log into Virtualmin/Webmin web admin.

But the VirtualMin configuration check fails at AWSTATS.

You’ll just need to disable the awstats feature in Features and Plugins. I thought we automatically handled missing awstats, but I haven’t tested on RHEL 9.

This will be disabled automatically, if awstats command is not available, after we update Virtualmin config package.

awstats feature issue also in ubuntu 22.04

There should be absolutely no issues with awstats on Ubuntu 22.04.

What issues do you have? What is the output of awstats --version command on your Ubuntu 22.04 server?