DNS resolution problem ... Weird scenes inside the Gold Mine

Hi guys,

Would anyone want to shoot me a quote for

at http://www.intodns.com/jamq.org

I get this error:

Error Recursive Queries I could use the nameservers listed below to performe recursive queries. It may be that I am wrong but the chances of that are low. You should not have nameservers that allow recursive queries as this will allow almost anyone to use your nameservers and can cause problems. Problem record(s) are: 66.197.171.149

Missing nameservers reported by parent FAIL: The following nameservers are listed at your nameservers as nameservers for your domain, but are not listed at the parent nameservers (see RFC2181 5.4.1). You need to make sure that these nameservers are working.If they are not working ok, you may have problems! jamqueue.com Error Missing nameservers reported by your nameservers ERROR: One or more of the nameservers listed at the parent servers are not listed as NS records at your nameservers. The problem NS records are: ns1.jamqueue.com ns2.jamqueue.com This is listed as an ERROR because there are some cases where nasty problems can occur (if the TTLs vary from the NS records at the root servers and the NS records point to your own domain, for example).

I’m running a current version of Centos OS, everything is default.

You could email the quote to jamq@jamq.org .

There was a little discussion about this in the Virtualmin forum.

Thanks for looking,

Rick

Well, it looks like I’ll just have to figure it out myself.

I have just sent you an email.

First error…

$ dig @NS2.JAMQUEUE.COM jamq.org ns

The correct NS records weren’t found so you need to add the NS this is why its saying stealth dns.

What you have…

;; QUESTION SECTION:

;jamq.org. IN NS

;; ANSWER SECTION:

jamq.org. 38400 IN NS jamqueue.com.

That is wrong. The NS records should be…

NS1.JAMQUEUE.COM

NS2.JAMQUEUE.COM

According to your whois.

SOA is wrong as well…

;; QUESTION SECTION:

;jamq.org. IN SOA

;; ANSWER SECTION:

jamq.org. 38400 IN SOA jamq.org. root.jamq.org. 1200073115 10800 3600 604800 38400

SOA should be

jamq.org. root.NS1.JAMQUEUE.COM

BTW I don’t monitor the forums. If you want me to help you fix this email me… sgrayban @ gmail.com