DNS 'enslaved' server not taking orders

Both boxes are Debian 11. Everything is up to date.
I can’t grab the info because, once again, I’m sitting waiting. I’ve followed this guide, but when I hit add server, it just seems to hang.
archive.virtualmin.com/documentation/dns/slave-configuration

Gonna leave it while I go take a shower. I had to upgrade the slave server. I was going to create a new server from the old image but the image ends up being the size of the old one and I didn’t want to deal with trying to resize a partition remotely, so just started over.

Old one was Ubuntu. Shouldn’t make a difference. I can go between servers using the icons just fine, so, they communicate just fine.

Finally timed out. I’ll look up the error after my shower. Who needs sleep anyhow?
Adding ns1.cisnetadmin.com
HTTP/1.0 500 Perl execution failed Server: MiniServ/2.013 Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2023 05:07:29 GMT Content-type: text/html; Charset=utf-8 Connection: close
ERROR — PERL EXECUTION FAILED
Can’t use string (“Failed to connect to fastrpc.cgi”…) as a HASH ref while “strict refs” in use at /usr/share/webmin/bind8/slave_add.cgi line 101.

Turned off fast rpc. Joy. I can go to bed. Perchance to sleep… :wink:

Change Make fast RPC calls? to Yes.

Click Save.

You need to open ports from 10000-10100 if you’re using fast RPC calls.

1 Like

Ah. Rings a bell. I kinda/sorta remembered opening a range when I first started this several months back. This one is a low cost AWS instance, mainly to have a secondary DNS somewhere. You have to open everything specifically with them. Other place i just rely on the box firewall.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 8 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.