My server doesn’t run BIND. It has a master domain for me and hosts 3 other domains (virtual servers). All DNS entries are at the DNS control panels of the relevant registrars. All the Virtual Server domains have an SPF record “allowing” the server’s IP to send their mails. rDNS has been setup so the IP points back to the master domain\host.
My Virtualmin server has no issues but I think it’s time to setup DKIM - but before I start “tinkering” with a live server, I’m hoping someone can sanity check things for me?
I’ve found the following post - Need help about DKIM concept & setup
My take on what the above post says is,
- enable DKIM (it’s at the global level)
- no need to add the Virtual Server domains in the Additional Domains field
- label the key with something meaningful like the year in it,
- take the generated Key and apply a TXT record at the DNS control panel for each Virtual Server domain [it will be the same key]
- if I add any more Virtual Servers (& domains) - add the same TXT record at the relevant Domain Registrar’s DNS panel.
Does the above seem correct?