DKIM install fail on Ubuntu 20.04

Hi
On one of my Ubuntu 20.04 servers, I cannot install DKIM. I get this error:
Installing package(s) with command apt-get -y -f install dkim-filter …

Reading package lists… Building dependency tree… Reading state information… E: Unable to locate package dkim-filter

… install failed!

On my other Ubuntu 20.04 server, DKIM installed just fine, but was using opendkim. Why this difference, and how can I fix this issue? I tried to manually install opendkim om the server, but it’s not picked up by Virtualmin.

Thanks

@dyvel,

Are you installing from the CLI or via Virtualmin?

Virtualmin should be installing “opendkim”…

Installing package(s) with command apt-get -y -f install opendkim .. 

*** the above was output by Virtualmin when I installed via “Email Settings” > “Domain Keys Identified” on a test machine running Ubuntu 20.04 LTS ***

Hope this helps!

Best Regards,
Peter Knowles | TPN Solutions

I was trying to install via Virtualmin

@dyvel,

Strange, as I did the install mentioned literally seconds before posting the previous message to you, just to be sure it would work.

If you’d like we can do a screen sharing session, and I can help you diagnose/fix the issue.

Best Regards,

Well, the strange part is, I did the same install on another Ubuntu 20.04 server, and it installed just fine. But on that server, virtualmin was installing opendkim as it should.

It’s as if Virtualmin think I’m using an older version of Ubuntu before opendkim was used.

Screenshot from the affected server

@dyvel,

Yes, very weird.

When was the last time you ran “apt-get update”, perhaps it needs a repo refresh.

Also, did you ever upgrade from another version of Ubuntu, or do you have any “older” repos configured on this machine?

Best Regards,

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.