Distributing virtual srv. over multiple servers

Hi! First of all. virtualmin is a VERY cool thing. And I am about to buy a pro license.

So my question is: Is it possible to have one master web server and have Virtualmin installed on and this server would distribute virtual servers between multiple servers. Like insted of having one big server, having multiple servers for web hosting is better. But managing them (a big number of servers like > 60)?

So, does Virtualmin includes this type of functionality (similar to cPanel) and if it’s available in pro or in gpl version?

Thx for answers!!

Cya!<br><br>Post edited by: bss, at: 2007/11/16 11:38

We have another product in private beta for managing multiple servers. It’s called VM2, and will be available in several versions (most targeted to virtualization technologies, but it is mostly agnostic about what kinds of servers it manages and will happily manage physical servers as well as virtualized ones). Should be available publicly in a few weeks–though we’ll be staggering the roll out to just a few types of deployment to minimize the complexity of things (it’s a pretty complex product, with support for widely varying virtualization technologies, so it’s going to be a tricky roll out).

If you’re managing 60 Virtualmin Professional servers, we’d love to have you in the VM2 beta program. Get in touch with me via email and we can talk about the terms and what kind of bulk rates we can get you on Virtualmin Professional.

Oh… and by the way… You have a bug in the "subscribe/unsubscribe" part of your forum…

When I unsubscribed to this thread and resubscribed it added this thread twice and so on…

Just a note… :slight_smile:

Joe wrote:

Get in touch with me via email and we can talk about the terms and what kind of bulk rates we can get you on Virtualmin Professional.

I can’t seem to find your mail address. (sorry to bother you whit that kind of nonsense :S )

And about the servers. I have ordered 66 blade servers. These servers will be for production (hosting, webapps, asterisk trunks), but i’ll be able to reserve 10-11 of them for VM2Ã

Joe wrote:

Get in touch with me via email and we can talk about the terms and what kind of bulk rates we can get you on Virtualmin Professional.

I can’t seem to find your mail address. (sorry to bother you whit that kind of nonsense :S )

And about the servers. I have ordered 66 blade servers. These servers will be for production (hosting, webapps, asterisk trunks), but i’ll be able to reserve 10-11 of them for VM2Ã