Disabling apache modules..

I have just setup a test server and am doing some digging around… I went through and chose all the low memory options from the wizard but the server still loaded clamd etc… on boot… Not so cool but easy enough to disable all these manually…

Then I turned my attention to apache… The apache processes use a lot of memory so I want to disable the modules I don’t need…

For example all the DAV stuff, proxy stuff… Probably mod_php as well…

When I do I get errors in the virtual server configs because they don’t have the <IfModule …> statements…

Is there a preferred way of disabling modules to avoid having to edit every virtual host config file?

Is there a way to stop options showing up? For example if I disable the proxy modules I would rather “Edit Proxy Website” wasn’t an available option on the menu…

Excuse me if these are basic things but I am still learning… :slight_smile:

Howdy,

Well, the key is to disable modules that aren’t currently being used.

So, it’s great to disable the DAV module – but if you get errors after doing that, it likely means that some of your Virtual Servers have the “DAV” feature enabled.

In that case, I’d suggest first disabling the DAV feature in Edit Virtual Server -> Enabled Features. Once you do that, I’d go into System Settings -> Enabled Features, and disable the DAV feature there so that it won’t be used in future Virtual Servers.

Once you’ve done that, you should be able to safely remove the Apache module.

-Eric

Great, I will give that a try…

Thanks…

How to disable mod_php ? Found that it makes a lot ram used! Having wordpress sites slowed.