disabled virtual server emails do not get a bounce back or reject notification

I just realized that folks on a disabled virtual server have have email accounts do not receive email ( which is fine ) but the person that sent the email does not get a bounce back. In the system logs you can see it is getting rejected, but there is no bounce back from postfix.
log ex:
Sep 03 09:37:07 virtual.domain.ca postfix/smtpd[17547]: connect from mail-it0-f50.google.com[209.85.214.50]
Sep 03 09:37:07 virtual.domain.ca postfix/smtpd[17547]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from mail-it0-f50.google.com[209.85.214.50]: 454 4.7.1 someone@domain.ca: Relay access denied; from=someone@gmail.com to=someone@domain.ca proto=ESMTP helo=<mail-it0-f50.google.com>

versions:
Webmin version 1.890
Usermin version 1.741
Virtualmin version 6.03

Is this normal behavior? Should we request to implement a bounce back notification from the server for disabled accounts if possible?

I might have been wrong about this being a problem. I tested this using a gmail account and a day later I got a bounce back. The bounce back explains more about the mail delivery being a temporary problem and that gmail will attempt to deliver for another 46 hours…

So, there seems be at least some form of a bounce back to the

Ive run into this and its normal. Some mail systems hold and try several times to deliver. A few days later sometimes I would get 4 or 5 bounce notices all at once.