Disable webmin access

I want to know if there is a way to remove or disable webmin access and still continue to use the webmin portion. So users don’t have access to server resources?

Howdy,

Hmm, I’m not sure I follow exactly what you’re hoping to do.

What is it you’re looking to disable exactly? And who are you looking to disable it for?

-Eric

Meaning remove the webmin tab so you can give access to virtualmin only and disable webmin which gives more server control? I want to allow access to manage virtual servers only.

Actually the Webmin tab should not really be problematic, since it only offers access to features that are reachable via Virtualmin menus as well (e.g. webpage config, DNS records config and so on).

Additionally, you can configure which Webmin modules Virtualmin server owners have access to, in the server templates, section “Administrator’s Webmin modules”.

Also, note that you can control that by logging in as root, clicking on System Information -> Configure this page, and changing “Show Webmin tab on left menu?” to “Only for master administrator”.

-Eric

THANK YOU Eric!

I was, once more, looking all over the place for that setting! I clearly knew I had seen it somewhere, but I couldn’t for the life of me remember where it was. :smiley:

But seriously: What is that setting, which affects the globally visible left-side menu, doing in the “System information page settings” screen?! Virtualmin so badly needs a GUI overhaul… :frowning:

Awesome thanks Eric.