Disable Postfix, Dovecot, BIND and ClamAV

**Operating system: Debian
**OS version: 10 (Buster)

Hi there @all,

I want to disable Postfix, Dovecot, Spam and BIND on Boot. Where can I do this, and is it safe to disable it? I actually don’t need these services for my server.

Since I opted-out ClamAV in the Installation-Wizard I don’t think it is running, but still I think its loading its files from an server. I can see that the updater is still running. Is there a way to disable “SpamAssassin” as well?

It might be good to enable them on a later stage again, I don’t wan’t to uninstall them.

Thanks a lot for your help

1 Like
  1. Disable them all in Features and Plugins. If you have created domains with those features, you’ll have to disable the features in the domains before disabling the features system-wide.
  2. Shut down the relevant services (either from the command line or from the Bootup and Shutdown Webmin module in the Webmin->System menu).
1 Like

Hi Joe,

thanks a lot for all information.
Just a question about the ClamAV-Updater, can I disable it without any problems or you think I just let ClamAV update the data?

Thanks a lot for your help

If you disable clamav, you should disable clamav-updater. There is no reason to download virus signature updates for a service you are not using (they are quite large).

This topic was automatically closed 4 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.