Deleted Data / How to restore files from file manager

SYSTEMINFORMATION
OS type and version: Ubuntu Linux 14.04.1
Webmin version: 1.973
Virtualmin version: 6.15
Related products version: RECOMMENDED

Hi,

Unfortunately by mistake it seems that I have deleted the files of my website in the File Manager and now the website (euromed2020.eu) is not available (cannot be found). Is there a way to restore the files?

Screenshots attached.

Thanks

Vasilis

@VasilisTepak,

When you delete files in Linux they are permanently deleted. The concept of a “Trash” can which you are likely acustom to on Windows or Mac is sort of a middle man system implemented to allow restoration in the event of a mistake. It’s basically an operation which moves the files from the original location to the folder “Trash”. Linux doesn’t implement this unless you are using a desktop version of a distro.

Hi,

I’ve found a back up log and restored everything. So now its OK

Thanks

Ilia actually did implement a trash can style “delete” in File Manager, but it’s not on by default.

It can be enabled in Module Configuration->General defaults->Delete files safely by moving to the trash

coming back to this…after the back up restoration I did, and everything was working again, today the Apche Webserver has stopped running for some reason. I tried to restart it didn’t let me due to apache, I tried to restore a back up it didn’t let me. So I’m stacked and I can’t do anything. This is the error I get. Any thoughts? FYI I didn’t touch anything on that particular domain its referring. And beacuse of that domain everything (more than 20 websites are down)

• Starting web server apache2
  • The apache2 configtest failed.
    Output of config test was:
    AH00112: Warning: DocumentRoot [/home/euromed2020/domains/fullpapers.euromed2020.eu/public_html] does not exist
    AH00112: Warning: DocumentRoot [/home/euromed2020/domains/fullpapers.euromed2020.eu/public_html] does not exist
    AH00526: Syntax error on line 74 of /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/fullpapers.euromed2020.eu.conf:
    SSLCertificateFile: file ‘/home/euromed2020/domains/fullpapers.euromed2020.eu/ssl.cert’ does not exist or is empty
    Action ‘configtest’ failed.

This topic was automatically closed 8 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.