Delete Virtualserver

What’s the correct process to delete a virtual server so that I’m able to create a new one with the same name. Last time I deleted one from the control panel and it wouldn’t let me add a new one with the same name.

Howdy,

Well, if you delete it, and you can’t re-add it, there’s a fair chance that’s a bug :slight_smile:

The correct way would be to go into Disable and Delete -> Delete Virtual Server.

If that doesn’t work though, let us know, along with the error message you’re receiving, and we’ll get to the bottom of what’s going on.

-Eric

Hi,

I have been reading and finding the answers to all my questions and problems. But this is still a problem for me as well.

I deleted one of my virtual servers via the Disable and Delete link.
Now trying to add a server with the same name I get errors stating that the server is already hosted by the DNS, Apache etc. webservers are still running.
I have checked and all these webservers (DNS, Apache etc) still have entries for the old virtual server.

How should I go about this?
And if I (or my clients) decide to remove (delete) virtual servers in the future will the DNS, Apache ets. entries be removed or will I have to do this manually every time?

Thanks in advance,

Howdy,

Well, like I mentioned in the comment above – if you delete a Virtual Server, and can’t re-add that, it’s a bug… what I’d suggest doing is filing a bug report, using the Support link above. Then, Jamie will work with you to figure out what’s going awry there, and get things straightened out in the next Virtualmin release.

Thanks!

-Eric