Default Server after virtual servers are created

Operating system: Ubuntu
OS version: 20.04
Stack type LAMP

I installed and setup Virtualmin. No issues in anything. At the time of deployment, I didn’t create default server when virtualmin asked for it during initial installment setup

Later I created virtual servers - around 3 of them

Now I want to create a default server because then I can request SSL via Letsencrypt. Is there a way to do that ?

To specify the default virtual server, In Virtualmin select the domain that you wish to use as default and then under Server Configuration → Website Options, Default website for IP address, select Yes.

That would be via Virtualmin → Server Configuration → SSL Certificates. From here you could apply for a Let’s Encrypt certificate and then under the Service Certificates tab, click on each of the buttons for copying to Webmin, Virtualmin, Postfix and Dovecot.

That’s it, all the best!

Maybe I didn’t convey correctly. What I mean is that I want to create default server by hostname, which you get as an option when you are setting up virtualmin

What you are proposing seems to be different and related to virtual server

You would need to re-run the wizard and create one.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 4 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.