Today i purchaed one dedicated server from hetzner.de, they provided the server within few minutes. Its a dedicated server running ryzen 7 3700 cppu and ubuntu 18.04
This happened with me twice:
After successful installation of virtual min i can access virtualmin pannel post installation, everything done. However when i try reboot command in ssh, the server wont turn on. or the ip gets unreachable.
This happened with me twice. Dont know why this happening. Any fix?
I would guess something is getting messed up when we modify the network settings. We don’t alter anything important, just adding a nameserver entry, but there were some bugs in handling the config files for the new Ubuntu network configuration tool (netplan)…I thought they were all fixed months ago, but maybe something is still broken.
Make a backup of your network configuration; maybe just backup all of /etc/. And, then, before rebooting, compare the two to see what changes happened (and fix whatever got broken). Post your findings here. If we still have bugs, we want to know about them, but we haven’t had any reports in at least a couple of months, so we considered it done.
We don’t know, either. And, there will only be a fix if we can reproduce the problem.
have you updated/fully upgraded the system before rebooting ? there was a recent nasty bug with grub boot loader and systems wouldn’t come back online… might be that case…
You were right… something seems unusual. This time I saw what virtualmin did to the netplan config and after installing virtual min and post installation, I replaced the new netplan with the original backup. Seems its working now after reboot. seems this line is missing:
For you to fix the issue iam giving the details:
//old original config of netplan//
- on-link: true
//new config after virtualmin installation//
addresses: ['184.108.40.206/32', '2a01:c3f:212:3509::2/64']
addresses: [127.0.0.1, 220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124, '2a01:c3f:0:1::add:1010', '2a01:c3f:0:1::add:9898', '2a01:c3f:0:1::add:9999']
yes I did. Upgraded and updated before installing anything.
Yeah, seems like a bug. I’ve opened a ticket here: https://github.com/webmin/webmin/issues/1291
This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.