CWP to Virtualmin Migration

Is there a process of how to migrate accounts from CentOs Web Panel to Virualmin?

Hello @josephgodwinke and welcome to the community.

The process I use to migrate CWP accounts to Virtualmin involves rsync of files from the CWP server to the Virtualmin server, a SQL dump on CWP and an import on the Virtualmin server and then an imapsync to copy over the contents of the mailboxes from CWP to Virtualmin.

If there is a way to import into Virtualmin the backups created by CWP then I have never used it and am not aware of its existence.

I hope this answers your question. Feel free to continue this thread if you have more questions about migration to Virtualmin.

The process I use to migrate CWP accounts to Virtualmin involves rsync of files from the CWP server to the Virtualmin server, a SQL dump on CWP and an import on the Virtualmin server and then an imapsync to copy over the contents of the mailboxes from CWP to Virtualmin.

I basically did the same thing when I migrated our servers to Virtualmin.

impasync tutorial available here?

It can be as simple as this:

imapsync --host1 cwpIPaddress -user1 user@domain.tld --password1 oldpassword --ssl1 --host2 virtualminIPaddress --user2 user@domain.tld --password2 newpassword --ssl2

Already trying this but I have gotten errors in some mail accounts. Can I do this manually?

Errors in some mail accounts: please elaborate.

duplicates i think - UID inserted in the middle of mailbox

Have you seen this?

https://imapsync.lamiral.info/FAQ.d/FAQ.Duplicates.txt#:~:text=Normally%20and%20by%20default%2C%20imapsync,the%20header%20part%20of%20messages.

Am a practical guy can I do this manually like just cp compressed mail folder over to account_dir/homes/single_email_address_account

Yup, if that works better for you than imapsync.

We had beter start a new topic for imapsync if you wish to discuss it further, this one is about migration from CWP.

Makes sense @calport

BTW, I love IMAPSync. It’s my ‘go to’ tool for most mail migration tasks.

https://virtualarchitects.com/wiki/doku.php?id=internet:mail:moving_to_new_mailserver

G

This topic was automatically closed 8 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.