Curl error 37 could read file

Operating system: CentOS Linux 8.3.2011
Webmin version 1.973
Virtualmin version 6.16

Building complete list of packages …

Now installing openldap-servers openldap-clients …

Installing package(s) with command /bin/dnf -y install openldap-servers openldap-clients.x86_64 ..

CentOS Linux 8 - Media - BaseOS                 0.0  B/s |   0  B     00:00    
Errors during downloading metadata for repository 'media-baseos':
  - Curl error (37): Couldn't read a file:// file for file:///media/CentOS/BaseOS/repodata/repomd.xml [Couldn't open file /media/CentOS/BaseOS/repodata/repomd.xml]
  - Curl error (37): Couldn't read a file:// file for file:///media/cdrom/BaseOS/repodata/repomd.xml [Couldn't open file /media/cdrom/BaseOS/repodata/repomd.xml]
  - Curl error (37): Couldn't read a file:// file for file:///media/cdrecorder/BaseOS/repodata/repomd.xml [Couldn't open file /media/cdrecorder/BaseOS/repodata/repomd.xml]
Error: Failed to download metadata for repo 'media-baseos': Cannot download repomd.xml: Cannot download repodata/repomd.xml: All mirrors were tried

.. install failed!

No packages were installed. Check the messages above for the cause of the error.

Okay anyone dealt with this issue before? If so Anyone point me in the correct direction to get this issue resolved.

Thanks.

It’s trying to install from a DVD, I guess? Get rid of that repo, if you don’t have local repositories (i.e. a DVD iso mounted). It’ll be configured somewhere in your /etc/yum.repos.d.

It never makes sense to use local repos. You always want to fetch the latest from the online repositories, so there is no harm in disabling any local repos.

No DVD, Its say >>> ```
Error: Failed to download metadata for repo ‘media-baseos’: Cannot download repomd.xml: Cannot download repodata/repomd.xml: All mirrors were tried

It is clearly reading a file. The media directory is where DVDs and USB sticks and such get mounted by default in CentOS and Fedora. I’m not gonna argue with you about it; I’ve told you what it is and how to fix it.

there no DVD/CD Etc drive attached or USB stick plugged in on the rack server, the command was ran to download from a Mirror. I have now tried to download other components via Mirror getting Curl 37 on them as well. Now if your saying its try read from Media drive. Then what caused that happen?

"[root@lagooncompany ~]# sudo yum check-update
CentOS Linux 8 - Media - BaseOS 0.0 B/s | 0 B 00:00
Errors during downloading metadata for repository ‘media-baseos’:

• Curl error (37): Couldn’t read a file:// file for file:///media/cdrom/BaseOS/repodata/repomd.xml [Couldn’t open file /media/cdrom/BaseOS/repodata/repomd.xml]
  • Curl error (37): Couldn’t read a file:// file for file:///media/CentOS/BaseOS/repodata/repomd.xml [Couldn’t open file /media/CentOS/BaseOS/repodata/repomd.xml]
  • Curl error (37): Couldn’t read a file:// file for file:///media/cdrecorder/BaseOS/repodata/repomd.xml [Couldn’t open file /media/cdrecorder/BaseOS/repodata/repomd.xml]
    Error: Failed to download metadata for repo ‘media-baseos’: Cannot download repomd.xml: Cannot download repodata/repomd.xml: All mirrors were tried
    [root@lagooncompany ~]# "

The error messages are clear about what is happening. I’ve told you how to fix it. I don’t understand why you’re still arguing about what’s happening? If you don’t want to take advice, why ask?

I don’t care if you have a physical DVD/CD drive. That’s irrelevant. It could have been an ISO mounted in /media as I mentioned above.

This topic was automatically closed 8 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.