Csf is blocking port 10000

**Operating system:**Ubuntu 18.04.5 LTS \n
**OS version:**Linux 4.15.0-161-generic #169-Ubuntu SMP
I’ve seen this before. Even if I reboot as soon as csf starts running port 10000 is blocked or at least not opened. Iptables -L doesn’t list it in the INPUT chain as either webmin or 10000. I went ahead and added it to the TCP_IN line in /etc/csf/csf.conf but I should think that webmin or virtualmin would have done that since I didn’t add csf so it must have been installed by the virtualmin installation.

No.

Neither Webmin nor Virtualmin installed CSF. The Virtualmin installer sets up a basic firewalld firewall. It does not install CSF. If you have CSF, either you installed it, or you did not start with a freshly installed OS.

1 Like

Hm. It’s been a bit since I spun this server up. I didn’t explicitly install CSF so I’m guessing that it came installed with the image I used. It’s a Openvz server that I’m renting from one of the many vendors out there. Thanks for the info. I’ll remember to check that the next time I spin up a server.

Jim.

This topic was automatically closed 8 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.