SYSTEM INFORMATION
OS type and version Ubuntu Linux 20.04.6
Webmin version 2.105
Usermin version 2.005
Virtualmin version 7.9.0
Theme version 21.09.5
Package updates 1 package update is available

Hello everyone,

I’ve been running 20 optional Cron Jobs on my server for about 2 years now, apart from the system cron jobs.

Recently, the Cron Jobs have been exhibiting some strange behavior. For instance, despite having 20+ system cron jobs listed, when I click on the “Edit Manually” button, the entire list doesn’t show up. I’ve shared screenshots of both the list and the manual editing screen with you.

And there’s an even stranger situation; when I update an existing cron job, it overwrites the one above it, making them the same. So, one cron job disappears.

When I type crontab -l on the Linux terminal, only 5 or 6 cron jobs are listed anyway.

There seems to be something off with the Cron Jobs, but I can’t figure it out. Can you help? Is there a possibility that something is corrupted?

Isn’t there someone who can help with this?

what happens if you type crontab -e (as root) and add/edit a cron job does that then show correctly using webmin ?

Hello my friend,

When I enter the command crontab -e in my terminal, only the jobs that have the “scroll up” and “scroll down” options next to them in the first screenshot are listed. The ones above are never listed.

Adding a new cron job has really become a hassle for me. When I add a new one, it randomly deletes one of them. Please help.

Now I’ve noticed another new issue.

If I select a job and press the “Delete Selected Jobs” button, it deletes the job above the one I selected! It doesn’t delete the job I selected.