cron deamon Already running

Hi guys

At about the same time each day for the past week or so the cron deamon has been sending an email to my administrator account.

Already running

Not much to go on.

Has anyone else had this?
Any idea what the cause is?
Or how to fix it?

I have had a look in the logs but don’t see anything suspicious.

Thanks
AllanIT

Here are some of the log entry’s at the time of the email. I note all bar one are the same.

Aug 1 05:54:01 myserver CRON[29367]: (root) CMD (/etc/webmin/virtual-server/collectinfo.pl)

Aug 1 05:59:01 myserver CRON[29622]: (root) CMD (/etc/webmin/virtual-server/collectinfo.pl)

Aug 2 05:59:01 myserver CRON[6399]: (root) CMD (/etc/webmin/virtual-server/collectinfo.pl)

Aug 2 06:04:01 myserver CRON[6576]: (root) CMD (/etc/webmin/virtual-server/collectinfo.pl)

Aug 2 06:09:01 myserver CRON[6721]: (root) CMD ( [ -x /usr/lib/php5/maxlifetime ] && [ -d /var/lib/php5 ] && find /var/lib/php5/ -depth -mindepth 1 -maxdepth 1 -type f -cmin +$(/usr/lib/php5/maxlifetime) -delete)
Aug 2 06:09:01 myserver CRON[6722]: (root) CMD (/etc/webmin/virtual-server/collectinfo.pl)

Aug 3 06:04:01 myserver CRON[14773]: (root) CMD (/etc/webmin/virtual-server/collectinfo.pl)

Howdy,

You may want to cut back on how often the collectinfo.pl script is running.

To do that, you can go into Server Configuration -> Virtualmin Config -> Status Collection. I might suggest changing it to once an hour. rather than every 5 minutes.

Also, if you see any collectinfo.pl programs running now, you may want to kill it off, just to make sure it’s not stuck.

-Eric

Hi andreychek

Thanks that seems to have fixed the problem.

AllanIT