Creating virtual server with LDAP

Hello,

I’m trying to setup a Virtualmin GPL Server using a LDAP server on a Debian Lenny x64 box
I applied the following legacy guide: http://www.virtualmin.com/documentation/id,combining_virtualmin_and_ldap/
The installation process went fine.

LDAP validation returned no error : Your system has been successfully configured as an LDAP client!

NSCD daemon has been shut down (and removed from startup steps)
When I add a user using LDAP Users and Groups, everything works fine:

hebergement-pro 	1000 	users 	hebergement-pro 	/home/hebergement-pro 	/bin/sh

I can login to the box with FTP and SSH :

vm-virtualmin:/var/log# ssh hebergement-pro@192.168.1.25 hebergement-pro@192.168.1.25's password: Last login: Tue Jun 1 13:55:38 2010 from 192.168.1.7 hebergement-pro@vm-virtualmin:~$ vm-virtualmin:/var/log# ftp localhost Connected to localhost. 220 ProFTPD 1.3.1 Server (Debian) [::ffff:127.0.0.1] Name (localhost:root): hebergement-pro 331 Password required for hebergement-pro Password: 230 User hebergement-pro logged in Remote system type is UNIX. Using binary mode to transfer files.

BUT… When I try to create a virtual server, it fails with the following error message:

[code]Creating administration group test …
… administration group was created but does not exist!

Failed to create virtual server : Critical feature Administration user was not properly created - Virtual server creation halted.[/code]

Which tests could I do to identify what is the root cause of this problem?

Curious if you ever got a fix for this - I’m running into it now with Virtualmin 3.82 Pro. I’ve got a ldap server set up on a separate system, I’ve configured webmin to be able to create/delete users/groups, but when I attempt to create a virtual server in Virtualmin I get…

Failed to create virtual server : Critical feature Administration user was not properly created - Virtual server creation halted.

I managed to make the issue Go Away…I think what was going on was the webmin server didn’t restart after I had set up virtualmin to save user/group info in ldap…

John