Created 2nd Top-level Virtual Server, but it's not visible from List Virtual Servers

I am currently using:

Operating system: CentOS Linux 6.4, Webmin version: 1.620, and Virtualmin version: 3.98.gpl GPL

The problem is that the 2nd Top-level server is no where to find, checking from “Webmin” and via SSH, it did create:

1. A new lunix user
  2. Directory: /home/2nd-top-level-user/public_html
  3. Has Virtual Host entry in httpd.conf correctly
  4. I can login using FTP with this user name
  5. Did create default MySQL database
  6. Don’t know about email (haven’t checked which isn’t important for me)

But I can’t see it from

1. Left side bar’s Virtual Server drop down list
  2. List Virtual Servers page
  3. It’s not created in Webmin users

Prior creating it as Top-Level Virtual Server I did use the same domain name as Sub-server by mistake, so disabled then deleted it from Virtualmin (and it was deleted successfully).

Anyway I can fix this problem manually edit Virtualmin virtual server list via SSH? Where are these files located?

Thank you.

Howdy,

Hmm… when creating that top-level domain, did you see any errors during the account creation process? Or did it all appear to be created correctly?

I don’t imagine you saved the output from when it created that domain?

In /etc/webmin/virtual-server/domains/ is a file for every domain on your system.

Do you see one there with this particular domain name in it’s contents?

The file names are random, but you can grep all the files in that dir for this particular domain name.

-Eric

Regarding to your questions:

1. Hmm… when creating that top-level domain, did you see any errors during the account creation process?

No, nothing.

1. Or did it all appear to be created correctly?

Yes.

1. I don’t imagine you saved the output from when it created that domain?

No, everything seems normal because it went all the way.

1. In /etc/webmin/virtual-server/domains/ is a file for every domain on your system.

I see 8 files, but I should have 9, so that one must be missing.

1. Do you see one there with this particular domain name in it’s contents?

Check all the variables “dom=” in the files, indeed that one is missing.

1. The file names are random, but you can grep all the files in that dir for this particular domain name.

I see, thanks for the info. Is there a way to generate the file running some kind of a script, or should I create a copy and edit it manually? Where does virtualmin save these file names? The files look encrypted in numbers.

Thank you!

-Eric

That’s a bugger of a problem!

I don’t think I’d try to fix what you have there, I think there’s a lot you’d have to add… my recommendation would be to remove what’s been created and start over.

However, that won’t be entirely trivial to do either, as it looks like it created a lot already :slight_smile:

The things you said it created, and a quick note on how to delete it –

• A new lunix user

You can delete the Linux user, and it’s directory contents, to get rid of this (for example, “userdel -r USERNAME”)

• Directory: /home/2nd-top-level-user/public_html

This should be deleted with the “userdel” command.

• Has Virtual Host entry in httpd.conf correctly

You’ll have to manually remove that from httpd.conf.

Also, take a look in /etc/logrotate.conf, and remove that domain from the log rotation config.

• I can login using FTP with this user name

There’s no ProFTPd specific configuration, this ability will be removed when the user is deleted.

• Did create default MySQL database

You’ll have to delete the MySQL database, as well as check if it created a MySQL user and delete that too.

• Don’t know about email (haven’t checked which isn’t important for me)

Take a peek in /etc/postfix/virtual to see if it created anything for that domain or the Virtual Server owner.

Whenever you try to create this domain again, keep all the output – and if you run into any problems, let us know what output you receive. I’ll get Jamie involved at that point, and we’ll try and dig into what’s going on.

-Eric