cPanel migration fails

I have been having a problem with trying to migrate a site. I keep getting the message:

Validating migration file …
… validation failed : Not a cPanel daily or home directory backup file

I have tried various backup files
system daily backup
home directory backup
and backup-wizard home directory backup

the files are via Upload to server

any suggestions?

same problem!

No replies for weeks now… :frowning:

I’m not sure what the problem there might be, typically the cPanel import works without any trouble.

Can you guys generate a backup of a small cPanel domain, and email it to me? You can send the email to eric@virtualmin.com.

Thanks!

-Eric

hmm how do you generate a backup of a single domain?

Well, I’m unfortunately not familiar with how to generate backups in cPanel.

That’s an interesting question though – are the backups of your cPanel domains all in one file? So rather than one file per domain, it’s one file total for your entire backup set?

-Eric

yes, it’s a single file of the home directory, that contains the cpanel configuration, plus an archived copy of the entire home directory. so it’s an archive inside another archive

Was this file generated by cPanel itself, or was it a manually created tar file?

it was generated by cpanel itself

That sounds like a Virtualmin bug then. Would it be possible for us to get a copy of this backup, to see what format it is in? You could email it to me at jcameron@virtualmin.com

That sounds like a Virtualmin bug then. Would it be possible for us to get a copy of this backup, to see what format it is in? You could email it to me at jcameron@virtualmin.com