Could not find non-SSL virtual website to copy directives from

Hello nice people of Virtualmin!

I am trying to enable SSL on a website but I keep getting this message:

Adding new SSL virtual website …
… could not find non-SSL virtual website to copy directives from!

Am I missing something really simple or is there a deeper issue at hand?

Thank you in advance for all of your help :slight_smile:

Howdy,

Hmm, it sounds like Virtualmin is confused :slight_smile:

It sounds like it’s saying it can’t find the Apache configuration for port 80 of your domain… which is how it creates the port 443 version of the configuration.

Is your website (on port 80) currently working correctly?

Also, what distribution/version are you using? And when you installed Virtualmin, did you do that using the install.sh script?

-Eric

Hello Eric,

Sorry I did not mention. I put Varnish (:80) in front of Apache (:8000), so then it’s acting appropriately.

Also, what distribution/version are you using? And when you installed Virtualmin, did you do that using the install.sh script?

Yes, I used the instal.sh script and it ran perfectly (save for some /tmp permission errors which did not seem serious). Running Virtualmin 3.97 GPL on Ubuntu 12.04.1.

Also, I made all the correct changes to ports.conf and Apache is not throwing errors at port 8000 at all, except for some warnings that “NameVirtHost does not have any virtual hosts” or something like that – but those warnings seemed friendly :slight_smile:

But on Virtualmin/Webmin, I see Apache listing correct number of domains, etc. I also changed a setting in Server Templates for Apache to create sites on port 8000 from now on.

Is there a setting that I need to change to let Virtualmin know on what port Apache is listening on?

Thanks!