Confixx Converter - my biggest dream

When i fall asleep in the night and start dreaming - i there see a way to convert all my confixx managed servers into virtualmin managed ones without the need to copy each and every acount by hand.

To bad the dream is over in the morning :frowning:

Confixx doesn’t, by chance, use a backup file format similar to, say, Plesk, does it?

Virtualmin does have support to import a Plesk backup file. If they use a similar format, you may be able to use the Confixx backup file, but tell Virtualmin it’s Plesk (this is a long shot though, I suspect they’re not at all similar).

Also, if you happen to have a Plesk license, you can migrate first to Plesk, and then from there, migrate to Virtualmin. According to the Plesk docs, it does support importing Confixx:

http://download1.swsoft.com/Plesk/Plesk7.5/Doc/plesk-7.5r-admins-guide-html/ch06.html

However, I’ll mention your Confixx request to Jamie :slight_smile:

-Eric

Hey,

yeah i tried that way but plesk inporte fails because it does neither import clients nor reseller.
I have only tried it with the free license so i could only convert one site but it said there already ‘you have no client to assign the domain to it’ - so it pretty much useless at it seems.

But i try to get my hands on a cheap plesk license and try it again.

Thanks for meantioning it at least :slight_smile:

Also - its a guess into the blue - plesk stored usenames as e-mail adresses so i guess the confixx import into virtualmin while telling it its plesk will fail. But your right - i give it a try as well.

Howdy,

Is there any chance you could generate a Confixx backup of one of your accounts for us to take a look at?

The more features it has enabled, the better!

And then, send it to:

jamie@virtualmin.com, eric@virtualmin.com

With a subject along the lines of:

Backup file for Confixx control panel account

Thanks!

-Eric