So far Virtualmin looks great, although I’m having some issues trying to get concrete5 up and going.
When using fastcgi (and running as the virtual servers owner) the php function is_writable seems to returning false on certain key directories causing concrete5 to prevent installation. The directories in question are owned by the virtual server owner and are 755. Has anyone seen this or know what the issue might be?
A fix suggested on the forums was to use CGI wrappers in conjunction with configuring cgi.fix_pathinfo=0. I’ve done this and updated both $HOME/etc/php.ini and $HOME/etc/php5/php.ini to set cgi.fix_pathinfo=0 with no luck. I’m still getting the following in my error_log:
Premature end of script headers: php5.cgi, referer: ....
script not found or unable to stat: /home/arpsoft/cgi-bin/php5.cg, referer: ...
Any idea’s as to what either of the issues are and how the can be fixed?
Also would using the PRO version remove this issue with it’s more advanced PHP support (and is there a possibility of a concrete5 installer??)
Thanks in advance
Version Info: Using Virtualmin GPL 3.83 on Ubuntu 10.04 LTS (Linode) and PHP Version 5.3.2-1ubuntu4.7
I had a quick look but my php5.conf already has them commented out…
# SetHandler application/x-httpd-php
# SetHandler application/x-httpd-php-source
# To re-enable php in user directories comment the following lines
# (from to .) Do NOT set it to On as it
# prevents .htaccess files from disabling it.
php_admin_value engine Off
My ubuntu installation is “brand new” so to speak, installed it, did the upgrade then installed virtualmin… so I’m sort of stumped. Do you have any other ideas?
On the Virtualmin PRO side, do you know if the rails support works for ruby 1.9.2/rails 3 on 10.04, specifically since 10.04 pegs gem to a pretty old version. In my initial playings I installed RVM to get around this but wasn’t sure if/how the PRO version handled these isses.
Couldn’t see a user id in the phpinfo() output so I put in a getmyuid() call and it’s using the correct uid. The server api reported by phpinfo() is CGI/FastCGI so it looks to be fine. This is same if I’m using fastcgi or CGI Wrapper.
It’s quite a pain that the CGI Wrappers give me one error and fast cgi another! I’d be happy to get either working… It might be worth me testing a different different distro and seeing if the issues persist.
Thanks for the Ruby info, may also point to using a different distro.
Thanks again for your help, if you have any other pointers for digging around would be greatly appreciated.
Yeah I’d read about that in another post and had already tried it (in both $HOME/etc/php.ini and $HOME/etc/php5/php.ini). Calls to phpinfo() are showing cgi.fix_pathinfo = 0 so it seems it’s configured ok.
When reading other posts this change has fixed things for other concrete5 users, but I’m not sure what version they’re using (I’m using the latest). I’ll still hunting through the source to find where the URLs are generated so I can see if it’s concrete or an underlying php config issue.
It turns out the “not writable by the web server” problem was a “user” error (mercurial removes empty directories so one of the required ones was missing due to a faulty filter in my .hgignore file). Adding it back in has fixed it and I can now proceed with the install step.
There still seems to be quite a lot broken with concrete5 when using CGI Wrappers but since it’s working with fastcgi (so far) I’m happy (c: