Complete Restore

Hey there, i have just install a brand new CentOS, now i need to find out a way to restore the files, but, what i want to do is like a mirror, i have a CentOS runnning my virtualmin now i want to “move” that virtualmin to the new machine, any ideas? Thanks.

Sure – if you have an existing Virtualmin server, you can move your current Virtual Servers to a new system by performing a backup, and restoring those files using Virtualmin on the new server.

You can access the Backup and Restore section near the bottom of the navigation bar when you log into Virtualmin.

-Eric

i only have one virtualmin installed on a system and in the new centOS is clean, so i want to “move” as a backup the complete virtualmin, do i must buy a new license?

so i want to “move” as a backup the complete virtualmin, do i must buy a new license?

Nope! No need to buy a new license.

The Pro license allows for a running Virtualmin on second machine, as a backup or spare.

What you can do is install Virtualmin on your new server (using the same license as on your current server), and use it to import your backup files.

-Eric

It really worked 100% for us, but you know, when we restore (from the complete backup) there was some alerts like it was a partial one, not the complete, but its working great.