complete apache replacement

I’m planning complete apache replacement with nginx in Virtualmin. As I see, apache web-server is hardcoded to Virtualmin(feature-web.pl and more 20 files), so I can to patch all these files or just disable apache feature and to write my oun plugin? Which way You prefer?

Plugin!

Ideally, Virtualmin will eventually be agnostic about webserver (to the degree that other servers exist in plugins). It’d be plausible to make it not quite a plugin and build it in the same way mail server is built in, but that support came we’d gotten plugins working well and comprehensive enough to handle this kind of thing. These days a plugin can do pretty much everything core Virtualmin code can do.

We’re happy to answer any devel questions you might have during the process.

Hi Joe, Voron,

Joe: Its been a time since I was hounding you re: Nginx. My projects currently setting up a dedicated box (after MANY internal project changes) and we MUST decide on moving forward with VM or going on an alternate route for Non-Apache integration (Nginx preferred).

If we can call on others to contribute and create a collective movement in this direction, with guidance by Joe (with my dev’s, joe and voron working - at the least) methinks we could have something stable up and running ‘quick sticks’.

So I suggest: I’d like to direct attention back to the previous post, where some vital points were made (albeit with mispelt thread title :stuck_out_tongue: ) and spark some practical planning and solutions.

Lets get cracking!

I just found virtualmin, it looks pretty cool, but I need to use nginx as my web server as well. Is it on the roadmap?

Joe wrote:

Plugin!

Ideally, Virtualmin will eventually be agnostic about webserver (to the degree that other servers exist in plugins). It’d be plausible to make it not quite a plugin and build it in the same way mail server is built in, but that support came we’d gotten plugins working well and comprehensive enough to handle this kind of thing. These days a plugin can do pretty much everything core Virtualmin code can do.

We’re happy to answer any devel questions you might have during the process.

http://www.nginxhosting.com/ >^-^<