Codeigniter and Virtualmin / Webmin Error 500

SYSTEM INFORMATION
OS type and version: Ubuntu Linux 20.04.3
Webmin version: 1.981
Virtualmin version: 6.17-3
Related products version: CodeIgniter 4 (composer installation) / Apache 2

I have been looking to find a solution to this issue. It seems that for some reason I am getting a error 500 regardless what I do when I am installing CodeIgniter (php framework).

It is a fresh virtual host, the only thing that is installed on it are required packages from CodeIgniter.

Laravel works just fine out of the box, CodeIgniter however does not, anyone else experienced this?

Anything specific in the error log?

1 Like

well yes and no.
according to codeigniter this is the .htaccess file that it is shipping with, but this triggeres following issues.

https://github.com/codeigniter4/CodeIgniter4/blob/develop/public/.htaccess

I know for a fact that Options -Indexes is something that Apache2 is not a a valid config setting and will not allow apache to start propedly, i have tried this last night.

/public/.htaccess: Option All not allowed here
AH00670: Options FollowSymLinks and SymLinksIfOwnerMatch are both off, so the RewriteRule directive is also forbidden due to its similar ability to circumvent directory restrictions 

I had issues with custom coded routers such as alto router but that got fixed and never saw an issue again. I simply cannot twist my head around this one. :confused:

Have you tried changing

Options +FollowSymlinks

to

Options +SymLinksIfOwnerMatch?