Cloudmin install failed

I attempted to install Cloudmin (cloudmin-gpl-debian-install.sh) on a Rackspace VPS (cloud server) using Debian 5.0 (Lenny) with Webmin/Virtualmin preinstalled and received the following error:

E: Couldn’t find package libc6-xen
… install failed

Package libc6-xen does not exist in the Lenny repositories

uname -r yields:

2.6.32.9-rscloud

cat /proc/cpuinfo yields:

processor : 0
vendor_id : AuthenticAMD
cpu family : 16
model : 4
model name : Quad-Core AMD Opteron™ Processor 2374 HE
stepping : 2
cpu MHz : 2200.088
cache size : 512 KB
fpu : yes
fpu_exception : yes
cpuid level : 5
wp : yes
flags : fpu de tsc msr pae cx8 apic cmov pat clflush mmx fxsr sse sse2 ht syscall nx mmxext fxsr_opt lm 3dnowext 3dnow constant_tsc rep_good nonstop_tsc pni cx16 popcnt lahf_lm cmp_legacy extapic cr8_legacy abm sse4a misalignsse 3dnowprefetch
bogomips : 4402.42
TLB size : 1024 4K pages
clflush size : 64
cache_alignment : 64
address sizes : 48 bits physical, 48 bits virtual
power management: ts ttp tm stc 100mhzsteps hwpstate

free yields:
         total       used       free     shared    buffers     cached

Mem: 274540 183912 90628 0 4020 43832
-/+ buffers/cache: 136060 138480
Swap: 524280 183920 340360

Let me know if you need more info.

Thanks

Hrm, it seems as if that particular package is specific to the i386 version of Lenny. So that may be a bug in the installer program :slight_smile:

What I’d recommend is filing a bug report (using the Support link above), and Jamie will work with you to get that corrected so you can get Cloudmin up and running.

-Eric

Hi Eric,

Thanks for the feedback. I talked to Rackspace support and they mentioned that Cloudmin is not compatible with their version of xen so I’m not sure if it’s even possible to install in their environment.

Should I go ahead and file the bug report anyway?

-Ed

Sure, if you’re willing, filing a bug report on that would be great, as it does appear to be a legitimate problem that you ran into. I think it is, anyhow :slight_smile:

-Eric

uberhacker,

What are you trying to accomplish with that cloudmin server? You obviously cant run xen within a xen guest. Im thinking you tried to install xen on that vps. I have cloudmin working withi a xen guest just fine, but obviously its just controlling other servers and not trying to create instances on itself.