Cloudmin - creating lxc-debian container BUG!

OS type and version debian bullseye 11.6 arm64
Webmin version 2.10
Cloudmin version 9.7 Pro

Creating virtual system with LXC …
… creation started with IP 192.168.100.120.

Waiting for creation to complete … …
… creation has completed successfully.

Updating configuration files with hostname and IP address …
… failed : Failed to save fixed /etc/hosts : cp: cannot create regular file ‘/var/lib/lxc/jitsi.cloudmin.lan.dom/root/etc/hosts’: No such file or directory

The correct path is /var/lib/lxc/jitsi.cloudmin.lan.dom/rootfs/etc/hosts
The system has created an lxc container with the lxc-debian parameter but the config is scrambled. Bullseye 11.6 but what happens if I need a debian stretch container? lxc-download seems to be non functional as the definition dialog is missing!

root@cloudmin:/var/lib/lxc# lxc-start jitsi.cloudmin.lan.dom
lxc-start: jitsi.cloudmin.lan.dom: confile.c: set_config_net: 293 lxc.net must not have a value
lxc-start: jitsi.cloudmin.lan.dom: parse.c: lxc_file_for_each_line_mmap: 131 Failed to parse config file “/var/lib/lxc/jitsi.cloudmin.lan.dom/config” at line “lxc.network.type = veth”
Failed to load config for jitsi.cloudmin.lan.dom
lxc-start: jitsi.cloudmin.lan.dom: tools/lxc_start.c: main: 242 Failed to create lxc_container

checking the config
lxc.network.link = br0
in fact there is no br0! The default lxc bridge is lxcbr0 but it is manually configured to lxcbr0 which is used my the lxchost trough " Bridge on host system for LXC interfaces"

furthermore: our convention for lxc Containers is i.e. lxcJITSI and I do want to name the correct DNS domain myself to .lan.dom and not cloundmin.lan.dom which leaves the container in an unmovable state.

Hi,
I am using LXC on Cloudmin too and there are various issues, notably the bridge one, it will always use br0 whatever you say elsewhere.

The use of root or rootfs in the root container path is also inconsistent and as a workaround I use to create a symlink to everything works without headache.
The network config also often ends up with unusable values and needs to be manually fixed.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.