Cloudmin Can`t create system

SYSTEM INFORMATION
OS type and version debian 11.5
Webmin version 2.01
Cloudmin version 9.7 pro

Hi, i’ve recently installed cloudmin Pro, but no “Create System” option is available in the left menu. What can be wrong?

fully refreshed system, but nothing …
Thanks!

Tricky to say specifically without more details, however I’d guess this is because you have not added a host system virtulisation type, such as KVM.

Well, I changed Base OS to Centos 7 and now It appears to be less difficult. So, debian or any other OS is a waste of time.

I wouldn’t recommend using CentOS 7. Support ends in 30 June 2024.

If you’re using Cloudmin 9.7, you should be able to use Rocky Linux 8 (for example).

Thanks,

Paul

Tried rocky 8.7 but has many issues, repo missing and others.

Obtener Outlook para Android

Is this at the installer stage? Which repos are missing?

Perl packages, 3 of them, need to add epel-release repo.

Obtener Outlook para Android

I’d stick with it. Once I managed to get the repos configured (epel and codeready builder) I managed to get Cloudmin running well on RHEL 9.1.

Hi again!

I could figure out how to solve that, but now there’s another issue:

… failed : lxc-start: test2.cloudmin.fibrahost.com: confile.c: set_config_net: 257 lxc.net must not have a value lxc-start: test2.cloudmin.fibrahost.com: parse.c: lxc_file_for_each_line_mmap: 142 Failed to parse config file “/var/lib/lxc/test2.cloudmin.fibrahost.com/config” at line “lxc.network.type = veth” Failed to load config for test2.cloudmin.fibrahost.com lxc-start: test2.cloudmin.fibrahost.com: tools/lxc_start.c: main: 263 Failed to create lxc_container

Any idea?

I’m afraid that LXC is outside my knowledge - I use KVM (and it works fine).

Well, also kvm has issues in my setup: it says Status: SSH in pink color. What can it be?

That’s a good sign :slight_smile:

If you login to terminal on the primary cloudmin system, then:

ssh root@vm.example.com

You should be logged in to your new VM!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.