Cloud Mail Delivery Providers

SYSTEM INFORMATION
OS type and version Ubuntu Linux 22.04.1
Webmin version 2.001
Virtualmin version 7.5-1 Pro
Related packages Virtualmin Cloud Mail Delivery Providers

Hello,

I’m trying to figure out how to properly send mail from the server through an external mail provider. I currently have it setup with ZeptoMail but it’s a bit difficult to deal with because I have to create a domain and verify it and a mail agent to associate the domain with. I’m wondering if switching the the Amazon SES integration in Virtualmin would be easier and better to use.

I’ve never used Amazon SES before either so I’m not sure the process for it but I noticed there is a Cloud Mail Delivery Providers with Amazon SES in it. However they seem to want me to give them a use case description and I’m not really sure what to type there. I don’t know exactly how to handle bounces and complains. Is there something that Virtualmin does for this or do I have read a bunch and figure things out? If there isn’t anything for that is there some other ideal way to do it or some software to use?

Would it be any easier than using ZeptoMail? For example what if I want to send email from the server for a new domain that gets added to the server? Do I have to go through the process again and set it all up?

How about the aliases and virtual domain mapping in Postfix? With ZeptoMail I have to manually edit that to send through the domain or just add all the domains into ZeptoMail manually or things don’t work out very well. Does the Amazon SES integration in Virtualmin somehow deal with this automatically?

Thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.