ClamAV daemon server error... End of Life...

Today i’ve got this error starting the ClamAV daemon:

/etc/init.d/clamav-daemon start

• Starting ClamAV daemon clamd LibClamAV Warning: ***********************************************************
    LibClamAV Warning: *** This version of the ClamAV engine is outdated. ***
    LibClamAV Warning: *** DON’T PANIC! Read http://www.clamav.net/support/faq ***
    LibClamAV Warning: ***********************************************************
    LibClamAV Error: cli_hex2str(): Malformed hexstring: This ClamAV version has reached End of Life! Please upgrade to version 0.95 or later. For more information see www.clamav.net/eol-clamav-094 and www.clamav.net/download (length: 169)
    LibClamAV Error: Problem parsing database at line 742
    LibClamAV Error: Can’t load daily.ndb: Malformed database
    LibClamAV Error: cli_tgzload: Can’t load daily.ndb
    LibClamAV Error: Can’t load /var/lib/clamav/daily.cld: Malformed database
    ERROR: Malformed database

how can i fix it?

thanks

Howdy,

It sounds like you have an older version of ClamAV on your system… what distribution and distribution version are you running?

-Eric

yes, that’s old. i mean 0.86, but however it’s old. i’m on Ubuntu 8.04 with virtualmin gpl.
How could i upgrade only ClamAV? if i do “apt-get upgrade”, do i get all my packages upgraded? i’d want only to upgrade ClamAV…

thanks

Howdy,

Well, the latest available for Ubuntu 8.04 isn’t 0.86… ClamAV 0.95.3 is the most recent for that version of Ubuntu.

You may want to make sure you’re ClamAV packages are up to date.

You can do that from within the Virtualmin GUI, or by typing “apt-get update && apt-get upgrade” on the command line.

-Eric

What do you get if you type: dpkg -l ‘clamav*’

-Eric

I got the “Malformed database” error when installing Virtualmin GPL today and fixed it by running freshclam as root. It would be great to see this command added to the Virtualmin install script.