Checking Configuration - Error Message

Hi All

Version: 3.80

The previous admin left me with no instructions on Virtualmin. I’m trying to “create virtual server” but it fails to create the apache configuration so that when I click to expand the left column “Services” I do not see “Configure website” like in the existing functional domains.

When I run Config check I get the following (which I suspect is related to this issue). See last two lines for error messages:

The status of your system is being checked to ensure that all enabled features are available, that the mail server is properly configured, and that quotas are active …

Using network interface eth0 for virtual IPs.

IPv6 addresses are available, using interface eth0.

Default IP address for virtual servers is IP#.

Default IP address is set to IP#, which matches the detected external address.

Disk quotas have been disabled in the module configuration.

Shell for FTP users is not included in /etc/shells, which may prevent FTP access.

All commands needed to create and restore backups are installed.

The feature Administration user cannot be disabled, as it is used by the following virtual servers : doamin1.com doamin2.com doamin3.com etc

… your system is not ready for use by Virtualmin.

Hmm, it does sound like something a bit odd is going on – as it shouldn’t be possible to disable the Administration User feature.

However, let’s start here – when you go to create a new Virtual Server, is the “Apache Website” option selected? If not, that wouldn’t configure the Apache configuration that you’d need for that domain to have a website.

-Eric

and version 3.80 seems to be kind of outdated. Maybe update first?