Changing mysql config file does not work

Hello everyone!

I just want to change the mysql config but webmin doesn’t allow this via the panel.
also it doesnt allow changes in the original config file.

I appreciate any answer :slight_smile:

You can only change it from /etc/my.cnf go to > others > Java file manager on IE browser OR > file manage for any browser.
You select /etc and seek my.cnf you may change the configs and just click save… DONT close it yet and then test mysql. Few configs like packet size and buffer size
dont need mysql to be restarted. Once all ok you can save and close the file. You can also use telent to log into server. Other easier way is to FTP using a client like core ftp with free version. You can change /etc files if you have root permissions.

Thank you for your answer.

The problem is that even when i change the content of this file it does not take affect. Of course i tried to restart the mysql service.

I do lookup the settings via the mysql module settings in webmin which still shows the old values. So another question is: does it even show up there?

Later, when i am home from work, i’ll try to search for mysql error logs and check if the config is set with the terminal