Change quota for Emails doesn't work at Webmin - System - Disk Quota

SYSTEM INFORMATION
OS type and version Ubuntu 22.04.4
Webmin version 2.105
Virtualmin version 7.9.0
Related packages SUGGESTED

I create a new mailserver with Virtualmin with a disk quota for every virtual server of 2 GB. When I change it at Webmin - System - Disk Quota to 3 GB it doesn’t work. When I change it from the dashboard - Disk Quotas and edit the Virtual Server it works.
A bug or i missunderstand something?

regards
Erich

An update might be in order as Virtualmin is on v.7.10.0

Right, but cannot see that they changed or fixed something like quota management (i checked the release)
https://github.com/virtualmin/virtualmin-gpl/releases

Did you refresh the dashboard ? You may find that in time everything returns the correct information

I changed the quota yesterday evening and found today, that the quota hasn’t change. So i tried to check what happened and saw, that it is still at 2 GB (the day before i changed to 3 GB). Only when I change it at the Virtual Server settings it will change. Saw that after a minute at the dashboard.

SYSTEM INFORMATION
OS type and version Ubuntu Linux 22.04.4
Webmin version 2.105
Usermin version 2.005
Virtualmin version 7.10.0
Theme version 21.09.5
Package updates All installed packages are up to date

@Netzblicker Looking at it
Webmin - System - Disk Quota
is a form to change users quotas. When I make a change there it immediately shows up in
Virtualmin > Edit Users.

Virtualmin > Edit Virtual Server
is a form that can set that limit for the server. The change in the user form does not change the server limit. My servers have multiple users. I would assume setting a higher limit for a user than the server it would complain at the server limit.

1 Like