Change postfix default cert

Hello,

how can I change the default certificate for postfix and dovecot? I read that it is recommended to have only one domain to handle e-mails. I would like to set-up such domain, however I have not figured out where can I change the certificate of Dovecot.

Furthermore, when I go to Virtualmin → Edit Users → show email settings, it shows a per domain configuration which does not work. How can I show there the domain that is handling E-mails?

Operating system Debian Linux 10
Webmin version 1.984 Usermin version 1.834
Virtualmin version 6.17-3 Authentic theme version 19.84.7
Time on system [Thursday, February 17, 2022 3:09 PM]
Kernel and CPU Linux 4.19.0-18-amd64 on x86_64
Processor information AMD EPYC 7702P 64-Core Processor, 4 cores

Your server was most likely delivered with a default reverse. Something like dns123456.yourprovider.com.

(it is also very likely that you can personalize this reverse)

If yes, you can simply create a Virtual Server in Virtualmin with the same name and use it as your “root” Virtual Server. Just install a Let’s Encrypt certificate on it and clic on th “Set as Default Service Certificate” button. You will then be able to use “dns123456.yourprovider.com” as mail server (Dovecot + Postfix) for all the domains hosted on the server.

Thanks, yes, after looking into the problem, I found out that I should change my postfix conf (myhostname, mydomain), the reverse DNS and /etc/mailname. Then I restarted the server and it worked.

This topic was automatically closed 8 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.