change domain name problem / half solved

hi there

i have a issue with changing a domain name. eg x-y-z.com to xyz.com.

i have a full running website, now i have to change the name because of the clients need. i would like to not migrate and setup everything from scratch, hence using the rename domain option in virtualmin.

after rename i end up with:

Not Found

The requested URL / was not found on this server.

Apache/2.2.16 (Debian) Server at xyz.com Port 80

i changed my host-file to directly point to the server leaving out dns-server, which might be not up-to-date.

update:
i had a subdomain running which was not yet changed, therefor apache failed to reload because of ssl certificate not found.

now so far everything is working. i have unfortunately still two main users, the old one i can not delete because virtualmin tells me this will delete 500 mb of data, which is actually the size of the public home, which i do not risk to loose. is this possible? well i could try with a backup, but i rather would like to hear a second opinion, if possible.

any help really appreciated.

best
marc

i have unfortunately still two main users, the old one i can not delete because virtualmin tells me this will delete 500 mb of data, which is actually the size of the public home

Hmm, I’m not sure I follow… can you describe you setup, and what user it is you’re looking to delete that has 500MB of data?

-Eric

hi eric

i renamed a domain, because i do not wanted to port everything.

somehow i have now the old admin user and a new admin user, the “old” holds somehow all data in public_html, because when i try to delete it, thats what virtualmin tells me, hence i do not want to delete it because i might delete the complete public website…

at the moment i can leave it as it is, but its noch “beautiful”…

best
m